Bluetooth functionality is found almost all the latest models of laptops and it does not matter that whatever the manufacturer of that laptop is. This technology is getting fame within the community of laptop users rapidly as now several devices are using the way of Bluetooth to connect them with any kind of computer, laptop or any other device which has Bluetooth enabled in it.
If your laptop also supports the same wireless technology and you want to get benefit from it but do not know how to install or use this technology if there is a version of Windows XP in your laptop? Then do not worry and just keep reading to get as maximum as possible detail about installing and using Bluetooth in Windows XP of your laptop. We suppose that your version of XP is included the Service Pack 2.
All you need to do is to follow the step by step information provided below in order to install and use Bluetooth device with your laptop if it is running XP on it:
- We are considering that your laptop is on. Now the first step is to click on the “Start” button
- A pop-up will be in front of you immediately. Here you will see several options in two columns. Click on the option saying “Control Panel” and it will be seen in the right column.
- You will see several options within the window of “Control Panel”. You need to find and click on the option of “Bluetooth Devices”.
- Another pop-up window will be in front of you. Click on the tab saying “Devices”.
- Here you need to click on the “Add” button which can be seen on the left bottom side
- A wizard will be in front of your eyes which will help you to install Bluetooth
- Now before stepping up to the “Next” button, make sure your Bluetooth is powered on
- An option saying “My device is set up and ready to be found” must be checked before clicking on the “Next” button
- Then a device search will be performed by the Windows and your device will be shown in the same pop-up windows if it is found in this search
- Click on your device to highlight it before hitting the button “Next”
- Then a Passkey will be asked by the system. It should be set if there are more than 1 Bluetooth devices in your use or if you are living in an area where others may also use their Bluetooth devices. It is really helpful to increase the security of your Bluetooth device.